Website Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE WEBSITE TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
The Website is operated by Vivify HQ Ltd (“We” or “Us”). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 08691009 and have our registered office at Sussex Innovation Centre, Science Park Square, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9SB. Please read these terms carefully before you start to use the Website, as they will apply to your use of the Website. We recommend that you print a copy of this document for future reference.
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
- our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of the Website. When using the Website, you must comply with our Acceptable Use Policy.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
ACCESSING THE WEBSITE
- The Website is made available free of charge.
- We do not guarantee that the Website, or any content on it, will always be available or that access to the Website will be uninterrupted. Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
- If you choose, or if you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Unless otherwise stated, all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Website, and in all of the materials published on it (including without limitation logos, photographs and graphical images) are owned by Us or our licensors.
- You are permitted to print and download extracts from the Website for your own use or for educational use on the following basis:
- that no documents or related graphics on the Website are modified in any way;
- that no graphics on the Website are used separately from the corresponding text;
- that our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the Website are acknowledged; and
- our copyright and trade mark notices and this permission notice appear in all copies.
- For the purposes of these terms, any use of extracts from the Website other than in accordance with clause 5.2 for any purpose is strictly prohibited without our prior written authorisation.
- Subject to clause 5.2, no part of the Website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without our prior written permission.
CHANGES TO THE WEBSITE AND NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
- The content of the Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the Website.
- We may update the Website from time to time, and may change the content at any time. Whilst We endeavour to ensure that the information on the Website is correct and up-to-date, We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content of the Website is accurate, complete or up-to-date, and We are under no obligation to update it.
- We will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of inaccuracy or error within the Website. We may make changes to the material on the Website, at any time without notice.
- We do not guarantee that the Website, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions and We will not be responsible for errors or omissions in or on the Website or in any other documents which are referenced by, or linked to, the Website.
UPLOADING CONTENT TO THE WEBSITE
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to the Website, or to make contact with other users of the Website, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to Us and indemnify Us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage We suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
- Any content you upload to the Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and We have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
- We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to the Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of the Website.
- We have the right to remove any posting you make on the Website if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- The views expressed by other users on the Website do not represent our views or values.
- We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access the Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and We will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
LINKING TO THE WEBSITE
- You may link to the Website home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to the Website in any website that is not owned by you.
- The Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Website other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy. Your website must not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the Website. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by Us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of such websites.
- We expressly reserve the right to revoke the right granted in this clause for breach of these terms and to take any action it deems appropriate.
- You shall fully indemnify Us for any loss or damage suffered by Us for breach of this clause.
- If you wish to make any use of content on the Website other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES ON THE WEBSITE
- Where the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. If you use these links, you leave the Website. We have not reviewed all of these third party websites and do not control and are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability.
- We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about these other sites, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
- To the extent permitted by law, We exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, the Website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Website.
- If you are a business user, please note that in particular, We will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- If you are a consumer user, please note that We only provide the Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Website for any commercial or business purposes, and We have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- Any events listed on the Website are listed at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to reject or withdraw the listing of any event without explanation.
- We will endeavour to provide up-to-date and accurate information, but will not accept liability for the accuracy or currency of the information provided by third parties or for the content on any linked or related websites.
- Listings of promotional events on the Website should not be taken as an endorsement of those events by Us.
- We will not accept liability for any consequences arising from your attendance at the events listed on the Website. Before attending any event, We recommend you contact the event organiser, at the phone number provided, to confirm dates, locations, and other important information relating to the event.
DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998
- In order to register and receive or use some of the services on the Website, you may be required to submit some personal information, such as your name, your postcode and email address. By using the Website you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
- We have a legal duty to ensure that the processes are fair and that personal data is kept safe and secure, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will not share your personal information with anybody else without your knowledge, unless We are required by law to do so.
- We will hold your personal information for as long as it is needed for the service you have requested, and remove it when that purpose has been met, or, in the case of an online information service, such as email alerts, you no longer wish to continue to receive the service and choose to opt out. If you are under 18, please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide personal information to the Website.
- We maintain a number of social media sites. These sites are managed by Us in order to provide a regular stream of information, news and service updates and to engage with the public. Unless otherwise stated, our social media sites are managed Monday to Friday during office hours.
- We welcome comments, suggestions and questions raised through the social media sites, however request that you do not use these channels to post abusive, offensive or inappropriate comments. We reserve the right to remove any comment without prior notification.
- We encourage anyone coming across offensive comments to report them to Us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- We cannot be held responsible for any content which has been posted by a member of the public and We do not endorse these comments or the authors who create them.
To contact us, please email email@example.com
Thank you for visiting the Website.